*Stay tuned for detail updates*
- Monday, December 2: INFORMATION PROTEST “Mother Earth ‘Mondays'” – protest at Irving on Quinpool (6515), 8am-9am. Facebook event.
- Saturday, November 30: FUNDRAISER Elsipogtog benefit concert. First Location: Mi’kmaq Native Friendship Center, 6-8:00pm: Cultural Showcase, Vendors & Silent Auction! Second Location: The Marquee Ballroom (19&Up) 8pm-2am: Fashion Show, Stand-Up Comedy, Solo Singers and 4 Live Bands! Tickets $30. Event details.
- Friday, November 15: FUNDRAISER for Traditional Healers, at the Mi’Kmaq Friendship Centre, 2158 Gottingen St, 7-10pm. Traditional dinner, Silent Auction, Music by Johnt & Umoja Drumers. Tickets $30, available at Good Food Emporium and the Mi’Kmaq Friendship Centre.
- Saturday, November 16: PROTEST MARCH, part of a Canada-wide day of action against fracking, pipelines, the Tar Sands, etc. 12:00 noon at the Seaport Market (1209 Marginal Rd). Facebook event.
- Saturday, November 16: FILM SCREENING “Do the Math” a film about climate change. Hosted by the Shambhala Centre (1084 Tower Rd), 7pm. Free. Facebook event.
- Monday, November 18: FILM SCREENING and discussion on fracking (tentatively, “Gasland 2”), at the lecture theatre of the Dalhousie Architecture School, 5410 Spring Garden Road, back entrance), 7pm. Free. Facebook event.
- Thursday, November 21: SPOKEN WORD Speak! Series in Halifax. Featuring Mohawk artist Kahsenniyo Wilson and the youth of CENTERLINE STUDIO, located at the corner of Uniacke and Gottingen as they raise funds for Youth Now! radio on CKDU. Performed at The Company House (2202 Gottingen St). 8:30pm. Facebook event.
- Friday, November 22: SPOKEN WORD Speak! Series event at the Elsipogtog Community Hall. Featuring Kahsenniyo Wilson, El Jones, Rebecca Moore and Ardath Whynacht. 7:30pm – 10:30pm. 7:30pm – 10:30pm. Facebook event.
- Tuesday, November 26: The Halifax Coalition Against Fracking PLANNING MEETING. This action and planning meeting, which will include a potluck, is for all people in Halifax concerned about fracking and destructive resource extraction in Atlantic Canada or across Mi’kmaki. The big oil and gas companies have a future in mind for us; we must come together and plan a different one. This group is a coalition that includes concerned Indigenous and non-Indigenous individuals as well as representatives of groups including NOFRAC, Solidarity Halifax, NSPIRG, Council of Canadians, the Ecology Action Centre and the Sierra Club. Come with some food to share if you can, or just bring yourself. All are welcome! Bloomfield Centre, Halifax. 5pm – 7pm. Facebook event.