- This event has passed.
Treaty Teach-In & Action Brainstorm
April 21, 2018 , 1:00pm-4:00pm
SWAGR invites you to a Treaty Teach-In & Action Brainstorm with Rebecca Moore.
Are you interested in learning about the Peace and Friendship Treaties? Are you interested in exploring what it would mean for the Treaties to be honoured, and who is responsible for upholding the Treaties?
Want to be involved in anti-colonial organizing and the struggle to Stop Alton Gas?
Come out and hear Rebecca Moore speak about the Peace and Friendship Treaties of Mi’kma’ki, and engage in brainstorming and action planning around anti-colonial struggle and Indigenous solidarity work in K’jipuktuk, including the Alton Gas resistance.
– Have a collective brainstorming session around how we can engage with the Peace and Friendship Treaties.
– Have some time to meet with one another.
– Meet various organizations who will have a chance to briefly introduce themselves and the work they are doing relating to the treaties.
– Have a break-out session for people to meet each other in small groups and plan next steps for themselves, however they are able to.
– Finish with quick report-backs summarizing what next steps each group came up with.
Please get in touch if you have any questions: treatycampsolidarity@riseu
Note on accessibility: there are two sets of stairs to where we will be gathering, with a bathroom on the same floor.